Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Marriage

I haven't felt like writing much lately :(  Have wanted to blog but then wasn't really sure what to blog about, so until I allow my creativity to kick back in, I just wanted to stop by with a quick note today about something that has been on my mind a lot lately...MARRIAGE...and honestly, I am not even going to give you MY run down on what I think about it, just two awesome resources today that God put in my path, I feel, to help encourage others.

First is Candace Cameron Bure's (yes, that is DJ Tanner from Full House!), roomag.com.  This site posts some excellent articles on every subject from motherhood to marriage and everything in between. Todays article is by a woman named Jennifer Smith and it is called "Praying for Your Husband."  I am a big fan of praying for my husband.  "Of course you are!" You might think, "Your husband is in the Middle East!".  However, the fact that he is a soldier is only PART of the reason I pray for him. I pray for him first and foremost because he is a husband, a father to our children.  Someday I will share with those of you who do not already know how prayer not only changed our marriage, but SAVED our marriage way back in the day.

My previous blog mentioned Ann VosKamp and I check out her blog daily ( aholyexperience.com ).  I fell in love with a quote from yesterdays entry on her site, "So she made the bed and and she made his favorite omelet and service isn’t about being a doormat but about being a door for joy to walk through." I read this and I wondered....how many of us wives are afraid of being a doormat?  So afraid that we do not allow God to do the work in us He would like to do?  I copied and pasted this quote and sent it to my Soldier.  I told him that I will always make the bed, I will always make his favorite meals and I pray our door is always one of joy for him to walk through. And I can say that with 100 % assurance that I will never worry about him treating me as a doormat.  Its a funny thing, what happens when you put others joy before your own without expecting anything in return.......

No comments: