Monday, February 16, 2009

Gratitude for His kindness

I never cease to be amazed at God's kindness, even when I am slacking. Well, maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This is still sort of a "new" life for us. We have only been here for seven months. I am only just now getting used to the fact that I am no longer a homeschool mom, but a mom with some time on her hands..(with a husband who happens to be home 24/7, but that is a whole other blog!). So, the kids have been in school for five months and I have actually gotten some writing done.

Yet, I suddenly hit the brakes a few months ago, for no apparent reason, other than the fact that I allowed little things to get in my way. Yet still, even as I slacked, God sent approvals for writing jobs I had already sent in. I am going to be published again and hope and pray I never lose the excitement of waiting to see the books come in the mail..(March 10th, in case any of you are following that kind of stuff..A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Mothers and Daughters and it will include two devotions by yours truly about the beautiful lessons God uses my wonderful daughter to teach me everyday.)

He also sent Motivation to complete an article as a surprise for my dad. Dad retired a few months ago after 43 years with the same company. I decided to write an article for his hometown newspaper which he still reads every week, even though he has been gone for 28 years. That article had me puzzled! Do I write Dad's memories? I don't want to leave Mom out, do I include her memories? And what about MY memories? Then, a huge gift from God, I awoke one night to a voice in my head telling me exactly how to write the story! I wrote it the next day, and now, "Walton From a '63 Chevy" will appear in this weeks Times Record of Roane County, WV. WOOOOHOOOOO! I have hit the big time now!

Seriously, it isn't about hitting the big time. It used to be. I used to want to be an actress and a singer so bad I could taste it..because I wanted to hit the "big time". But now, it is only about doing something I love that I feel the Lord has put on my heart to do. I wouldn't last a day in the liberal world of "big time" anyway! I would probably end up not acting very Christ-like and telling someone off.

So anyway, maybe I haven't gotten into a productive writing "groove" just yet, but would you look at that? With just the smallest of efforts, the Lord has still shown me a bit of reward and I am so grateful!

No comments: