Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am a Writer Again!!!!

School began today with many, many mixed feelings for me. Part of me wishes they would want to home school again and we could do so many different things, not be stuck in the rut of someone else's idea of what they should learn. Part of me misses just having them here, with us, where they are supposed to be. Then, there is the other part!

I have been able to write today. It has been forever since I have been able to say that! I sent Auntie Silly off to yet another publisher (hey, the man who created Chicken Soup for the Soul was turned down 212 times before someone picked up his idea)....I followed the many leads I have found through Facebook friends (see Chuck, Facebook really does serve a purpose!). I found a novel writing contest for a publisher I had been wanting to write a novel for anyway, so we will see how that goes. Mr. Andersons novel will have to wait, but I will eventually work my way up to the level of writing he expects from me. I just want to test the waters right now. I have to submit this first novel by Sept 30th! Yikes! I already have an idea for another one though. Hopefully the wheels will keep turning far beyond day one.

That whole paragraph is about "I, I, I". So that is what I am saying about wishing I was still home schooling. At this age, my life is pretty much about my kids, and I really do feel guilty for shipping them off to public school, even though it is what they chose to do. I feel selfish, but let me remind myself again, it is what they wanted to do! I can't say that enough I guess to try and justify the fact that they are not here. All I can do is pray they have a beautiful year, pray that, if it is the Lord's will, my writing career will take off, at least to the point where I don't have to substitute the entire school year, but can stay home and write most of the time.

Well, I guess I should put my blog aside for now, I have a novel to write, and at three o'clock I become a mom again with my fabulous carpool duties (dropping one of at football practice), then getting to take my wonderful daughter grocery shopping with me! Maybe if I look at it in the right light & stop feeling guilty, I have the best of both worlds!

2 comments:

Gatorchuckie said...

Missy - Glad to see you finally found the time to get your "write-write-writing" in!

Tammy said...

Make the best of whatever is best for your family - with no regrets! You remain faithfully in my prayers - you and your family! Love ya!